We want visitors to the Swan Hotel website to be able to contact us in reference to our products, services, room bookings and other general business enquiries. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
The Swan Hotel in Wotton-under-Edge will never sell your personal information and only use it to contact you in relation to enquires made on our website and for on-going customer service requirements.
We only use secure third party systems to store customer data and ensure that we follow their guidelines to protect your data.
If there is any security breach we will contact you to inform you.
You are entitled to request the information that we hold and also ask that we remove it. You can do this by emailing email@example.com and requested someone contact you. Please allow 5 working days for us to respond.
Please read the following information carefully because by visiting www.swanhotelwotton.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy.
Email and other contact details
You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us letters or emails or by filling in contact forms on our website. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
Newsletter Sign Up Forms
We offer customers the chance to sign up to our newsletters to receive the latest news, product information and special offers by email and/or direct mail. We only send this information to you if you have opted in to receive such correspondence from us. We do not authorise any third parties to send you marketing information and you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter or by contacting us directly.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. For example, we may use third parties to host our websites, send e-mails and analyse user data on our website. These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Any personal information shared with such third parties is protected as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party booking sites
We use third party sites to take bookings at our hotel. This includes sites such as booking.com , Expedia and Hotels.com.
When you make this booking, our third party partners have their own individual practises in place to protect your data.
Please contact them directly to remove and request your data.